Why buy your Organic Turmeric Root Powder and other superfoods from Florida Herb House? Well, all of our precious herbs and herb powders are stored in optimal conditions within our climate controlled, light controlled, dehumidified warehouse. This keeps our herbs and superfoods medicinally super strong as well as nutrient dense like no others. Don't settle for cheap and stale herbs when it comes to your health. Buy at Florida Herb House only for the best in natural healing. Our Turmeric is as medicinally strong and nutrient dense as ever!
What is Turmeric?
Turmeric is a tropical perennial plant in the same family as ginger, native to India, and cultivated throughout the tropics around the world. Growing to a height of about three feet (one meter), it bears pairs of lance-shaped leaves of alternate sides of the stem. At the base of the stem, there is a knobby rhizome somewhat resembling ginger.
Packed Fresh To Order In Our Flavor Savor Foil Bags! Florida Herb House guarantees the best herbs and spices all year round all cold stored in our special climate controlled, dehumidified warehouse!
Turmeric For Hair
You can make a mixture of a tablespoon of black gram flour, a teaspoon of fresh and plain yogurt and a pinch of turmeric powder. This should be evenly and smoothly applied to your face and left to dry. Once your skin begins to sort of stretch and pull, you can actually rub this off your face. This will require some amount of effort and will also be painful to begin with. But you should know that this is the most effective natural way to get rid of facial hair. The turmeric powder will act in two ways here. It will help to sanitize your skin after the procedure is complete and will also lend a good glow to you. Like wise, you can also make a mixture of black gram and flour with honey. Keep in mind that this will hurt your face much more than the yogurt mixture will. It will also be extremely tough to actually rub off the face. But this will also show results more quickly. You should try this method out for at least thrice a week for effective and quick results.
Turmeric For Your Skin
Turmeric seems to have no problem in assimilating with all skin types. Moreover, it never hesitates to fight against most common skin problems. That is why, it can be used in almost all mask recipes. Do keep the clay mask away though! Many believe that the best friends of turmeric are lemon juice and honey. We take a look at how their combination should be used.
Turmeric For Inflammation
Research shows curcumin, which is abundant in turmeric, acts as a scavenger of nitric oxide and inhibits COX-2, a pro-inflammatory substance. Also a potent scavenger of superoxide, the anti-inflammatory activity and superoxide scavenging property of curcumin are proven correlated. Clinically, curcumin has worked as well as cortisone for post-operative inflammation.
Turmeric For Dogs
An animal thatís had a skin injury can be helped by turmericís antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties. A Portland, Oregon vet advises, "To treat something on the skin, simply mix honey with the turmeric to form a paste and apply it to the abrasion." Many swear by the home remedy, especially since itís been studied rigorously by doctors and scientists over the last half-century.
As is the case with so many herbs, turmeric should be used in moderation. Too much turmeric for too long can cause stomach distress. Since turmeric is included in Ayurvedic formulas for birth control, women trying to become pregnant should limit their consumption of the herb, and it should be avoided while pregnant. Excessive use of turmeric should also be avoided in people with congestive heart failure. The curcumin in turmeric activates a gene called p53. This gene deactivates cancer cells, but it also deactivates damaged cells in the heart.
A Few Tips:
- Add turmeric to egg salad to give it an even bolder yellow color.
- Mix brown rice with raisins and cashews and season with turmeric, cumin and coriander.
- Although turmeric is generally a staple ingredient in curry powder, some people like to add a little extra of this spice when preparing curries. And turmeric doesn't have to only be used in curries. This spice is delicious on healthy sauteed apples, and healthy steamed cauliflower and/or green beans and onions.
- Turmeric is a great spice to complement recipes that feature lentils.
- Give salad dressings an orange-yellow hue by adding some turmeric powder to them.
- For an especially delicious way to add more turmeric to your healthy way of eating, cut cauliflower florets in half and healthy saute with a generous spoonful of turmeric for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Be sure to choose turmeric rather than prepared curry blends. Recent research indicates the amount of turmeric (and therefore curcumin) in curry blends is often minimal.
Bulk Organic And Packed All Natural, In Stock And Ready To Ship In Our Flavor Savor Containers! Florida Herb House guarantees the highest quality herbs and spices always or your money back!! - Analyzed for quality, safety and true botanical identity by the best in quality control!